What is Search Engine Optimisation?
Search Engine Optimisation is marketing aimed at increasing the number of visitors to your website. In short, it aims to push your site up the results list of relevant web searches.
How do you do it?
Google (the most popular search engine) uses a complex algorithm to rank the results of its web searches – and it keeps that algorithm secret and changes it fairly regularly.
That said, there are several easy things that you can do to optimise your site’s performance:
- Speed it up – make sure your site is quick to load and use;
- Pick your keywords – make sure your site’s copy includes the key terms your users will be searching for;
- Site structure – your site needs to be logical and easy to navigate;
- Accessibility – make sure your site is accessible to users of mobile devices and users of screen-reading technology;
- Link-building – make sure your site is linked to by other relevant and reputable sites.
How can I help you?
All of the WordPress sites that I build are structured with SEO in mind. They use the Yoast SEO plugin as standard, and I can provide advice on picking suitable keywords and using them. I also aim to optimise page loading speeds and site performance. And your site will be mobile-friendly as standard, and accessible to screen-reader users.
If you would like advice on optimising an existing site, I can also help. I can:
- edit existing copy for search engine performance, or write fresh SEO copy for your site;
- provide advice on making your site accessible,
- Advise on improving your site’s performance;
- Advise on link-building.
So if you would like advice on SEO or simply an informal chat on how I might be able to help, get in touch today.